Each year, 10 million tonnes of furniture are discarded by businesses and consumers in EU Member States, the majority of which is destined for either landfill or incineration. Recently, the European Green Deal has set ambitious commitments to tackle climate and environmental-related challenges and to achieve a climate-neutral economy by 2050. To this end, implementing a circular economy is a central pathway to achieve these goals. Markets must be stimulated for circular products and services and for resource optimisation, aiming at reducing the environmental footprint of the EU economy and the generation of waste. New business models embedding circularity principles must be designed by companies to accelerate the transition. At the core of this transformation, the need to equip current and future workers of the industry with circularity skills is essential.
In the framework of Furn 360, a European project aiming at developing a training curriculum to facilitate the implementation of circularity in the furniture sector, we invite you to a webinar to share insights on the current state of circular economy in the sector, with representatives from Ellen MacArthur Foundation, the European Furniture Industries Federation.
Friday 26th of June 2020. 10am -11.30am (CEST)
Managers and staff of furniture companies, students and anyone interested in being involved in the transition to a circular economy.
- Introduction and welcoming words – Erwan Mouazan, Furn360 coordinator
- The furniture sector and circular economy 2.0, perspectives from the European furniture industry – Gabriella Kemendi, Secretary General, EFIC – European Furniture Industries Confederation
- New skills and competencies for a circular economy– Ilma Stankeviciute, Learning Designer, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Circular Economy in 2030: Forecasted Scenario for the Furniture Sector – Juan Carlos Alonso, CENFIM circular economy expert in the SAWYER project
- Educating the furniture sector on circularity skills: presentation of the Furn360 online course by consortium partners
- Question & Answers
This webinar is free of charge. To participate register here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_BUcVe9gITxiLlxwRgAc9dQ